Thursday, November 10, 2005

Talks


So that's it. I've got through each of my public speaking days! Actually I enjoyed them both. The London Film Festival event was great as all the audience were film makers so it was pretty interesting talking to the various people about their projects. I also got to listen to the talk by Larry Sider, a natural and very charming speaker, who is an experienced sound designer, editor and Lecturer at the National Film school and who also runs the School Of Sound http://www.schoolofsound.co.uk/
The Coventry University talk I did yesterday went really well although we could have done with a few more students there! It started at 1pm so I'm assuming they were all sleeping off their hangovers from the night before ;) I had longer to talk this time, mainly about the process of scoring Slipstream, and the people there seemed to enjoy it and have asked me backto talk again next term. I think these things get easier the more you do eh?

No comments: