Sunday, January 13, 2008

Update

The music for 13 episode 1 is now finished and has been mixed in LA. I wasn't there for the mix but it's all sounding good. The pictures have now been graded and it looks great so only a few vfx shots to complete and we're done. Unfortunately I won't post a link to the episode yet as it would be a shame for you to see it in an unfinished state - oh and I don't want the producers to sue me! :) Soon though, soon....
My music for the new Kodak commercial has been very well received. So far the director, agency amd client all love it WITHOUT ANY CHANGES!!! Now if you don't work as a composer for advertising this may not mean much to you but trust me this is a big deal. If I were a marathon runner this would be the equivalent of running the whole thing in 2hrs - not impossible but bloody hard!
I've worked on a film for Canon with director Matt Huntley contributing some electronica, an ambient track and a Kraut influenced guiar track - you should all read Julian Cope's Krautrocksampler, you really should......
I've been recording a loose piece of French Django style jazz (not real jazz of course - I can fake it with the best of them though) with guitarist Graham Kearns for director/animator Martin case who is making a film for a French wine producer. This week I'm going to add some double bass, violin and percussion and it has been fun to work on something acoustic and bright for a change.